Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hunted

Hi, guys. I hope you're all enjoying the pitch contest! I wish you all nothing but the best of luck! :-)

So, as you may have already seen, the cover for my debut YA novel, Hunted, was released recently. I think it's quite lovely and I can't get over how wonderful Lani Woodland's blurb at the top is. As writers, we are constantly doubting ourselves, so reading/hearing comments like Lani's really boosts my confidence.

Today I'm just going to talk a little bit about Hunted and hopefully bring awareness to those who haven't heard of it yet. I started writing the first draft in Feburary 2010 and finished it sometime that June. I had written a couple other novel-length pieces before this, but Hunted was the first one I actually thought had a shot at becoming something other than a Word document. Have any of you felt that feeling? It's a truly wonderful feeling of accomplishment, pride and excitement. I still can't believe it's being published! When I opened my email and saw the cover, it hit me just how real this all is. I'm extremely nervous, but even more excited. This is a story I'm proud of, one that I want people to like (preferably love, but I don't want to get ahead of myself haha) and share with others. It's been amazing seeing the story change and grow, and yet it's still the same one I finished in June. I don't think it'll ever truly be "finished", but the story, and its characters, are in a good place--and so am I. Thank you all for your support thus far and as terrified as I am for people to read it, I truly can't wait until my little book is out in the world. :-)

So, fellow writers, have you written your "Perfect Story" yet? If so, what was the writing process like? If not, are you working on something that could potentially be the perfect one?

---------------

To add Hunted on GoodReads, please click HERE and to "like" the Facebook page, click HERE.

9 comments:

  1. I think I am working on mine as of now. With my two part series "Time With Seleste". It's still in first drafts, I have been writing on it almost a year. I have a confidence in it. And all I need to do is polish the plot a little and I'll feel a little bit more confident on it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently working on perfecting my first ever finished MS right now... I am not sure yet if it is my "perfect story" but I love it too much to ever leave it behind. We will see where it takes me!

    I can only imagine how you are feeling! I plan on reading Hunted as soon as I can. Beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, DJ! So exciting - and beautiful cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have the perfect ideas - but too many of them! Perfect novel finished, not until it's on the shelf I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your book. I'll have to check it out.

    I joined your blog, but couldn't enter the contest. The agent already rejected the manuscript I'm querying now. And my new one isn't done yet. I'm heeding your advice!

    I'm having a 500 followers contest. Please visit and enter to win great prizes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your book and I LOVE THE COVER!
    I'm a new follower and wanted to say hi! come see me at www.flickspicks1.blogspot.com...

    Anyway... I think I have my one MS that could make it. I think it is because of consuming the story became to me, that I have faith in it. The other ones that I have written I have been proud of, but this one, this one has something. The writing process was just like the story, consuming. It's all I wanted to do and I didn't fight it. I finished the first draft in a matter of months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting out is the most difficult part I think, so I always try to add in as many ideas as possible to avoid it. I'm also starting to thinking that's probably not such a good idea. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you, DJ. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may be working on mine right now. It's something very different from anything I've written before, but it feels great!

    Congrats on your great cover/blurb, and upcoming book release!

    ReplyDelete