Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals. I Have Some. Do you?

Well, my dear YATopians, 2012 is upon us and, quite frankly, I don't know what to think about it. Where did 2011 go? I mean, really. Time is always disappearing from me, always slipping right through my fingers. On one hand, I'm really sad to see the past year leave us because so many wonderful things happened. But on the other, I'm excited to see what the new year has to offer.

So, in order to keep my spirits and enthusiasm high, here are a few of my 2012 goals:

1. Finish another novel. I've been struggling for the past few months to get anything done, so overcoming my writer's block is the number one priority.

2. Get in shape. <-- This is mostly because A) I'd like to feel healthier, haha and B) because I'm going to be doing a lot of walking while in New York for the Book Expo.

3. Promote Hunted some more. In fact, right now, I'm hosting a giveaway for a signed ARC of it! Yay!

4. Go out more. I'm the introverts of all introverts, but it's time for me to put myself out there and try new things.

5. Be a better blogger. Since Hunted's release, I've fallen behind in my reading/reviewing and I love sharing my thoughts on amazing books, so I hope to get back to a regular posting schedule.

6. Get an agent, or at least start querying. But I need to complete Goal #1 first.

Well, those are my goals. What are yours?

9 comments:

  1. Well except for the promotional stuff, my goals are the same as yours. I want to finish another novel, exercise more, and maybe start querying.

    But most of all, I want to be happy. Not to get bogged down in stupid little things that ruin a day. Happy is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather: Happy is definitely better! :-) That's a good goal, though. I'll be adding it to my list. Also, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you when you start querying and good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goals! Hmm, well here are a few of mine:

    1) Acrue more blog followers

    2) Finally write that great query so that it's my novel, not my query, that gets judged.

    3) Stop saving so much to the last minute!

    4) Hold my tongue better O_o

    5) Speak more. You'd think this would contradict with 4, and yet...

    6) Figure out what's going to happen after graduation! Guess that's a must.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with those, D.J. - you can do it!
    My goals are to get contracts for the two books I finished in 2011, and to write the final book in my Sweet trilogy. *fingers crossed*
    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of the same goals. Getting into shape seems to be an almost universal New Year's resolution hehe. I am trying to blog more and (finally) complete a second draft of my second novel. I'd also like to get my romance novella published (or write a new one).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well in regard to your book promotion. My goal is to finish a couple of novels this year. I'm about due!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals! All very good goals!
    Mine mainly include writing more, reading more and getting involved once more in the online writing community! Been too focused on university!
    But now is the time to learn to time manage better! Roll on 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goals are similar to yours DJ:

    1) Be agented
    2) Finish Book 2 in Toy Soldiers series.
    3) Turn my short story Karma into a novel.
    4) Submit Growth to Ampersand Project
    5) Write Boy Frozen
    6) Get healthy and fit back into those clothes I refuse to throw out
    7) Read, a lot.

    ReplyDelete