Friday, November 22, 2013

10 Things I'm Thankful for as a Writer

Happy early Thanksgiving to my fellow YAtopians to the south! Even though I celebrated Thanksgiving in October, being Canadian and all, I thought I'd get into the spirit once again for the American readers of the site.

I wanted to make a list of what I'm thankful for, as we tend to do on Thanksgiving, but I figured I'd make it more specific to me as a writer, something that other writers can relate to. Being a writer is a special thing. We have lots to be thankful for. So here are 10 things I'm thankful for as a writer.

1)  I'm thankful that I basically get to make up stuff on a daily basis.

2)  I'm thankful that my characters do exactly as I tell them (most of the time, at least).

3)  I'm thankful for being a part of a supportive YA writing community.

4)  I'm thankful for my imagination, even (especially?) when it runs wild.

5)  I'm thankful for having an outlet for creative, artistic expression.

6)  I'm thankful that if I'm stressed out, writing can calm me down.

7)  I'm thankful that if I'm bored, writing can add some spice to my day.

8)  I'm thankful that all I need to practice what I love is a pencil and a piece of paper.

9)  I'm thankful for the puzzle that is piecing together a story, stimulating my mind.

And finally...

10)  I'm thankful for an audience, who I can make laugh or cry or think with the flick of a key or stroke of a pencil.

What are you thankful for as a writer or reader of MG or YA fiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment