Saturday, November 23, 2013

Coastal Magic Con Spotlight: Ciara Knight


Coastal Magic Con is an awesome weekend celebrating paranormal romance and urban fantasy in Daytona in February! Today, I'm featuring one of the featured guests, MR Merrick.

Ciara Knight writes to ‘Defy the Dark’ with her young adult speculative fiction books. Her most recent Amazon best-seller, Escapement, book I of The Neuamrian Chronicles, released to acclaimed reviews securing a Night Owl Top Pick and five stars from InD’Tale Magazine.

Her first love, besides her family, reading and writing, is travel. She’s backpacked through Europe, visited orphanages in China, and landed in a helicopter on a glacier in Alaska.

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest | Blog

YAtopia: Do you have any weird writing habits?

I do my best writing after a morning work out, coffee and some quiet time on my back porch.

YAtopia: Name three books you think everyone should read.

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Yes, it's been made into a movie now)  :)

YAtopia: Which one of your characters has the most of you in him/her?

Raeth, for sure.  I had challenges when I was young and fought hard to overcome them. Writing about Raeth in Weighted, the prequel to The Neumarian Chronicles, I tapped into that self-conscious child that was teased for a speech impediment. I think that's why I've received so much email about her. Sometimes when an author bleeds on paper it produces the most heart wrenching moments to a reader.

YAtopia: If you could only give aspiring writers one piece of advice, what would it be?

Enjoy the journey and try not to take things too seriously. I've seen too many writers melt over a bad review or a rejection. Learn from it and focus on the next challenge ahead.

YAtopia: What's next for you? What are you working on now?

I'm working on the final installment of The Neumarian Chronicles, writing my next young adult series about a dragon shifter and I'm also releasing four contemporary romance novels based on a Tennessee small town in Sweet Water County. Book I, Winter in Sweet Water County will be out in January, followed by Spring in Sweet Water County, Summer in Sweet Water County and Fall in Sweet Water County. The next year will have a holiday theme.

YAtopia: Thanks for stopping by today! 

Do you love urban fantasy and paranormal books? Check out Coastal Magic Con!  

Haunting memories.
Terrifying dreams.
Crippling lies.

Trapped in a world of deception, my sanity rests with the love of Ryder Arteres and our renegade friends. Six months of scouring the ocean floor in a rebel ship fleeing our homeland, delivers us to a possible alliance with the opportunistic European Council. Our only hope is to utilize our forbidden gifts to free our people from slavery, proving our worth. But when a trusted ally turns traitor and a new breed of the queen’s weaponry is revealed, I’m forced to face the terror of my past to save our crumbling future.


B&N | Kobo | iTunes | Goodreads

(Available 12/3)

No comments:

Post a Comment