Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Writing IS Exercise

I came across this quote on Facebook and wanted to share it because it really captures how much exercise a writer gets.



Exhausting, isn't it? ;)

I find it ironic when people ask me what I've been up to. I usually say, "Writing," and shrug, because it's not like I'm ACTIVE, per se. On the other hand, I've been so immersed in another world, feeling what the characters feel, and utterly obsessed with where the plot is going that I feel like I've lived another life entirely. 

Does that ever happen to you?

* * * * * * 

Laura Diamond is a board certified psychiatrist and author of all things young adult paranormal, dystopian, and horror. Her Young Adult Paranormal Romance novelette NEW PRIDE and novel SHIFTING PRIDE debuted late 2012 from Etopia Press. A spin off short story based on the lions of Tsavo, TSAVO PRIDE, is now available on Kindle. In 2013, her Young Adult Dystopian series, ENDURE and EVOKE, are being published by Etopia Press. Her Young Adult Paranormal Adventure, THE ZODIAC COLLECTOR, is coming 2014 by Spencer Hill Press. When she's not writing, she is working at the hospital, blogging at Author Laura Diamond--Lucid Dreamer, and renovating her 225+ year old fixer-upper mansion. 


If you’re interested in reading more about me, or interacting with me on the web check out the following links:

Author Laura Diamond: www.authorlauradiamond.com

Hope to “see” you soon! 


2 comments:

  1. Definitely! I rarely if ever get any "exercise" but I'm always thinking, writing, brainstorming, stressing out over my blog or my story, or just some thought rolling around in my brain. I do need to relax more, clear my mind, and take care of my mental and physical health. But I'd rather lose myself in my story world :)

    The Pedestrian Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can definitely relate to that quote. I'm always exhausted after a writing session, even more so if I've done a 'real' workout that day. Gah!

    ReplyDelete