Monday, October 20, 2014

Are you conning?



At the moment I scurrying behind the scenes with the organising committee for the 2015 Sugar City Con. Needless to say, I am just a tad uber excited about this awesome opportunity. It debuted in 2014 and had a strong turn out of around 1200 people. Pretty awesome for a small event that had very little advertising compared to larger events.



So it got me thinking about writers and Cons. Many of writers are also self confessed geeks who love pop culture, especially if you write anything in the speculative fiction realm. I see writer friends on Twitter talking about Cons. Before Sugar Con, I'd only been to specific writing Cons, not pop culture Cons.

So - I've got some questions for you:

1) Do you go to Cons as a regular Con going, and if so, what do you get out of it?

2) Do you go to Cons as a vendor (with a stall for your books), and if so, what do you get out of it?

3) Do you go to Cons as a panelist, and if so, what do you get out of it?

4) Do you go to Cons as a guest, and if so, what do you get out of it?

5) What are your favourite Cons and why?





1 comment:

  1. I don't make a habit of going to Cons but I did enjoy Comic Con in San Diego as just an attendee a couple of years ago. It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete